Version 11 contains numerous new features and changes throughout
the package. The user is encouraged to review the new documentation before
installing version 11.
Download User's Guide
Here is a brief summary.
1) The Web Survey Module has been dramatically improved but is
not compatible with previous versions of the Web Survey Module. Version 11 will
import data collected from a survey created with a previous version of the web
survey module, but it will not recognize previously created .htmlscript files.
All other files remain the same and are compatible with version
11. Previous codebooks, data files, procedure files are 100% compatible.
2) A Server Setup window lets you configure StatPac for your own
server. This simplifies all other Web survey procedures by allowing StatPac to
make the necessary changes to perl scripts and other files.
3) We added a new hosting domain take-survey.com. Users can
select their own private folder name and change it as desired.
4) Auto Transfer to and from the take-survey.com server is
essentially the same as if you used your own server.
5) An FTP program has been added to manually control the files
on your server or ours.
6) The Internet Survey Design script window has been enhanced to
allow editing of the settings via a form as well as the script itself.
7) Password protected surveys have been simplified.
8) Many new commands have been added to the script.
9) Right click context menus and help have been added to the
10) The SS option in banners has been enhanced to allow you to
sort the stub excluding the last one or more value labels. For example SS=D1
would sort the stub in descending order by frequency, except it would leave the
last value label as the last row regardless of its frequency.